We are nearly finished with the NewMusicBox @ 15 Anniversary Celebration! This is a look back at some of the most interesting content of 2013 in a “yearbook award” format. Befitting this season of graduations, no?
Most Likely To Succeed:
Caroline Shaw Wins 2013 Pulitzer Prize
On Lying To My Students
Matana Roberts: Creative Defiance
How We Learn Now: Education Week
Most Likely To Redefine Perceptions:
I’m a Trans Composer. What the Hell Does That Mean?
It Isn’t Over Because The Fat Lady Wasn’t Singing
Most Likely To Become A Cruise Director:
Guided By Sound: Crissy Broadcast Debuts in San Francisco
Best Historical Reenactment:
Sounds Heard: The Art of David Tudor (1963-1992)
From Darmstadt To The Shopping Mall
* This post actually received so much traffic that it broke the Box for a short time. We couldn’t be prouder!
Most Likely to click the Donate Button: Everyone who reads NewMusicBox!
Additional NewMusicBox @ 15 Posts
- Partyin’ Like It’s 1999
- The 2000 Man—What Century Was This Anyway?
- The Odyssey of 2001
- Trying to Put On Those 2002 Glasses
- 2003: Difficult Memories
- 2004: Keys to the Kingdom
- 2005: The Friends and Family Plan
- 2006: Walk Right In, Sit Right Down
- 2007: Big Ideas In a 140-Character World
- 2008: NewMusicBox Snapshots—Nine Images for Nine Years
- 2009: Just Add A Dollop Of Salsa
- 2010: Favorite Things and Inspirations
- Twelve Tidbits from 2011
- 2012: A Baker’s Dozen
- 2014: Remembering The Year That Isn’t Over Yet