Wednesday, March 24, 1999 from 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
at the New York Offices of ASCAP
David Lang – Co-Director, Bang On A Can
Michael Gordon – Co-Director, Bang On A Can
Julia Wolfe – Co-Director, Bang On A Can
Frances Richard – VP Symphonic & Concert Department ASCAP
Richard Kessler – Executive Director, American Music Center
Frank J. Oteri – Editor, NewMusicBox @ the American Music Center
Interview co-produced and recorded by Nathan Michel – Program Associate, American Music Center
Interview transcribed by Karyn Joaquino
- What is Bang On A Can?
- Who are the Household Name Composers in America?
- The First Bang On A Can Festival
- What are the Boundaries of Bang On A Can?
- Audiences and Venues
- The Success of Bang On A Can
- Is the Orchestra Dead?
- Radio and the Sound of Classical Music
- How to Promote American Composers
- The Identity of BOAC vs. the Identity of its 3 Directors
- Free Time