An Arts Education Symposium
November 10, 1999
New York City
|Maxine Greene||Hollis Headrick||Polly Kahn||Richard Kessler||Frank J. Oteri|
|Professor Emeritus, Columbia University Teachers College||Executive Director, The Center for Arts Education||Director of Education, New York Philharmonic||Executive Director, American Music Center||Editor, NewMusicBox|
- Arts Education and Political Correctness?
- Why Not Begin Music Education with Recent Music?
- Creativity in the Classroom
- Developing Audiences & Sensitivity to Audiences
- Learning “Through” the Arts
- Integrating the Artist into Society
- Getting The New Music Community into the Classroom
- Can Creativity Be Taught?
- The Role of Art in a Democracy
- The Current State of Education
Transcribed by Karyn Joaquino