Seriously. It was. And though we may only have ears for the music, that’s only after it’s been filtered through the drugs, the critics, the culture, and own our personal computers.
- Classical music fans have inhaled. [via artsjournal]
- Exploitation, commercialism, marginalism, delusions of grandeur, low self-esteem, addiction to hype, personality disorder, anxiety disorder, panic disorder, star worship, loss of direction. Hey, we never claimed we didn’t have issues.
- I mean, isn’t that why art song was invented?
- Apparently, there are only three boys scribbling worth their ink in this whole, music obsessed culture. (Last three graphs.) Our condolences to those who didn’t make the cut.
- The Lark Quartet to release Klap Ur Handz. Jury still out on whether critics will say yeah.
- Before there were blogs that only your friends read, there were radio stations that only your friends listened to. [via boingboing]
- Step 1: Get a grant.
Step 2: Set up your computer to write some grant music.
Step 3: Take grant money on vacation to Acapulco.
- And for those with a little time on their hands this weekend, enjoy! [via Professor Heebie McJeebie]