So, with the long holiday weekend cutting into the work week and rising summer temperatures to distract, apparently even sun-adverse bloggers have abandoned their computer terminals for a bit of R&R in the great outdoors. Or the boss has been peering over the cubical walls and monitoring keystrokes again. Either way, posting has been at something of a minimum.
- Picking up the slack, newspapers and respectable music magazines are dipping toes into blogland. Just in time, apparently, because the print jobs they offer their writers are going the way of the dodo.
- Ever felt as if the local music critic was writing you out of a job? Maybe you should compose him out of his? [via Musical Perceptions]
- The guy fond of saying classical music is dead just might be dead wrong. Or maybe they’re both half right? Regardless, you shouldn’t confuse either of them with the guy who said the kids just aren’t interested in American classical music and, even worse, are not properly ashamed about it.
Meanwhile, for the few slaves to the blinking cursor still at their desks and looking for summer fun:
- Compose a piece, save a whale.
- Or just sip an iced tea and meditate on the musical realization of the motion graphics of John Whitney [via Music in a Suburban Scene] or even just on your own name.
- But if you get one of these to stash in your emergency preparedness kit before the summer storms, be sure and hide it under the duct tape and away from the circuit benders.