The Friday Informer: What’s that thing about the rock and the glass house?
- New, serious…let’s call it “grown-up music“! That’ll sell tickets. (It could be worse. Stones’ fans just got saddled with “geezer rock“.)
- Thom Yorke did not score “Creep” for bass-clarinet quartet. And now we all know why. [via music for maniacs]
- Don’t like Mozart? Just shut up. You’re wrong. And you—you’re nothing like him.
- Guns, beer, and symphonic music—this is how we do it in the Midwest.
- And this is why orchestra musicians should never date.
- Think your composition teacher is tough? Axl Rose’s editor has made him cry, too. [via secret society]
- Pedophiles, pizza, and pre-emptive reviews from a composer-in-residence at a rent-by-the-hour hotel in Rochester. And that’s just the first week.