This week, bloggers celebrate that a woman can read a teleprompter all by herself (go, Katie!), rejoice over photographic proof that TomKat has truly procreated (nice job, Katie!), and lament that the Village Voice really is out to destroy itself (goodbye and good luck, Christgau).
Meanwhile, the gossip on our block:
What do you get when…
- …a bicycle-riding opera singer meets a squirrel in the wrong place at the right time?
- …Maxim magazine style mixes with a “babe” from the local symphony? Awkward pinup shots and innuendo about trumpet players, mostly.
- …the world pays attention to an orchestral premiere? About 10 seconds of their time. [via artsjournal]
- …a guy in a bow tie teaches you how to write a fugue using Britney Spears’ “Oops, I Did It Again”?
- And finally, what do you get when they turn the life story of Muammar Gaddafi into an opera? Forget the hot breath of the music press. “Rumour has it the Libyan embassy has taken a booking for the first night.”