From the wacky world of PR: Yesterday I received an email asking if I would like to interview “noted criminal attorney” Scott E. Leemon. Who? Does he also compose string quartets? No, the talented Mr. Leemon, it seems, “obtained a dismissal of all charges against rapper Young Jeezy in a multiple possession of weapons…and spearheaded the successful defense of rapper Young Buck of G-Unit who was charged with assault for the televised stabbing at the 2004 Vibe Awards.” Clever guy. Just doing my fourth-estate duty and passing on the rec’ for the next time you find yourself in a similar snafu.
- What? No cocaine stashed in your flute tote? Good, cause all this hipster posturing is exhausting and apparently it’s not working anyway.
- That’s not to say our presentation couldn’t use a retread. One fan finds concert performances as fun as flying coach with a toddler.
- Clearly, however, they’re not letting us run the control board at the radio station for a reason.
Classical music bloggers Newspaper columnists could use some fact checkers.
- Cleveland, we thank you for smoking.
- Rumsfeld exits the building. Librettists and the remix crowd shed a special tear.
- And the rest of us applaud. Some with more class (Thierry de Mey’s piece is truly awesome) than others.