- It’s difficult to be a composer, but we are here and we have no fear. That, or we’re just plain crazy.
|Photo of the Week
What lurks in the houses of composers? David Rakowski invites his website visitors over for a look around the homestead. I count at least five keyboards and a cat.
- Socially awkward? Um, check.
- Or perhaps we’re all secretly Satanists?
- Ever seen an enraged musician drop a colleague with a lead pipe? Those student composers awards are coming up later this month, so mind your knee caps.
- “A second is a long time. You can get 4 or 5 recognizable ideas across in a second.” A little something for the unmedicated A.D.D. composers in the crowd.
- Think you hear the last notes of Synchronisms No. 6 when you’re walking down the street lately? Relax. You’re not the only one.
- Then again, maybe we’re not crazy. Maybe it’s them. [via The Rambler]
- But if you think you’ve seen Elvis, there’s really nothing we can do for you.
And on an unrelated note: Thank god this performance will be running for a while. Otherwise, the NYTimes might have missed it.