- It’s difficult to be a composer, but we are here and we have no fear. That, or we’re just plain crazy.
Photo of the Week
What lurks in the houses of composers? David Rakowski invites his website visitors over for a look around the homestead. I count at least five keyboards and a cat.
- Socially awkward? Um, check.
- Or perhaps we’re all secretly Satanists?
- Ever seen an enraged musician drop a colleague with a lead pipe? Those student composers awards are coming up later this month, so mind your knee caps.
- “A second is a long time. You can get 4 or 5 recognizable ideas across in a second.” A little something for the unmedicated A.D.D. composers in the crowd.
- Think you hear the last notes of Synchronisms No. 6 when you’re walking down the street lately? Relax. You’re not the only one.
- Then again, maybe we’re not crazy. Maybe it’s them. [via The Rambler]
- But if you think you’ve seen Elvis, there’s really nothing we can do for you.
NewMusicBox provides a space for those engaged with new music to communicate their experiences and ideas in their own words. Articles and commentary posted here reflect the viewpoints of their individual authors; their appearance on NewMusicBox does not imply endorsement by New Music USA.