The Friday Informer: Too White and Nerdy?
- Peer-reviewed online journal Radical Musicology launches. Yeah, you read that right.
- How would we understand our love of music without charts…lots of complex charts?
- Love child of Diamanda Galás and Joan La Barbara, perhaps?
- Lest you feel left out of headline news this week, know that Thailand’s King Bhumibol Adulyadej not only endorses miliary coups, but is also an avid jazz saxophonist.
- Steven Colbert was robbed by the MacArthur Foundation—he is just as much of a genius as John Zorn.
- Is there anything the Commodore 64 can’t do? [via boingboing]
- Just try and resist a polka-dot clad pianist playing “Schroeder’s Revenge” and “Wonky Inside!” [via the well-tempered blog]
- Who needs Grimm’s fairytales when you have threatening legal letters to read aloud to the children? Honestly, the RIAA may be a little right and a little wrong here, but clearly they need a new public relations agent.
- Speaking of laughing and the RIAA, Weird Al just had a great week. How long after listening to “Trapped at the Drive Thru” will it take for Peter Gelb to commission an opera from this guy?