|Photo of the Week
With the exception of the wire strings, this instrument is entirely constructed out of approximately 100,000 LEGO® parts. And it works! (Not that you’d want to make your recital debut on the thing.) [via well-tempered blog]
- And yet we wonder why there’s not more new music on T.V. [via Avant Music News]
- Perhaps the rise in orchestral terrorism, suspicious-looking devices outside concert halls, and bomb threats from jazz pianists will earn the field a larger share of network attention.
- Meanwhile, there was a lot (one, two, three, four) of chatter this week on Sir Paul and Sting’s contributions to the classical canon.
For the short of attention span, this brilliant chart pretty much sums the game.
- One in four Friday Informer readers has a secret obsession with the reality show Project Runway. The winning designer’s ex-bandmates got together to perform “Swing,” the track the models walked to on the grand finale. You can listen (again) here.
- Well, kids, seems John and Steve (around 6:30 minutes in) put their pants on one leg at a time and MIDI realize their scores just like everyone else.
[thanks for the tips, Alex and Prof. McJeebie]
- Get your frozen pumpkin pie out of the box and into the oven. Then download this essential soundtrack.
NewMusicBox provides a space for those engaged with new music to communicate their experiences and ideas in their own words. Articles and commentary posted here reflect the viewpoints of their individual authors; their appearance on NewMusicBox does not imply endorsement by New Music USA.