|Photo of the Week: It’s a bird, it’s a plane…
It’s actually a two-ton, 3.5m x 3.1m x 4m, 2000-watt steel and aluminum mobile speaker that projects a distance of 1 km. Meet Matt Hope’s HORNMASSIVE (2004) [via boingboing]
- It’s been an oddly giddy week of musical calculus, what with the jazz cryptologists and the stopwatch avant-gardists coming out to play.
- However, though it’s very likely there’s something more interesting to this story than the numbers, the writer is not going to tell you what that might be.
- Resemble a conductor you know?
- This YouTube video has been around for quite some time, but it has only recently been determined that it will impact the future of classical music. Gosh darn those kids and the Internet.
- Composers? I was under the impression storks brought them.
- Ahhh. Make it stop.
- When John Cage (and a bunch of other colorful folks) left messages for Charlotte Moorman.
- Man makes a “Best of” list, and it’s not even close to New Year’s. Declares 4’33” a work that “whatever its philosophic merits, is decidedly uninteresting to listen to.” (Others disagree.) Discuss.
NewMusicBox provides a space for those engaged with new music to communicate their experiences and ideas in their own words. Articles and commentary posted here reflect the viewpoints of their individual authors; their appearance on NewMusicBox does not imply endorsement by New Music USA.