- Don’t like the kind of music a particular critic is rooting for? “I recommend not listening to it,” advises Kyle Gann.
- If your readers are not so easily pacified, however, you might take a lesson from Anne in the art of the disguise.
- Feeling anxiety every time you glance over at your ever-expanding CD tower? Robert Tear feels your pain and offers a suggestion: Take five years off. [via On An Overgrown Path] Meanwhile, you might take up knitting.
- If the idea of a music hiatus leaves you shaking, you might stock up on CDs: Drastically reduced and free music is on offer today in Internetland.
- Move over Eno—Robert Fripp is apparently recording new sound cues for Vista, the upcoming Windows operating system. Sneak into the studio here. [via Disquiet.com]
- And shhh…tomorrow night it’ll be just you and Phil and 100 of your closest friends. Also, for you “Dancing with the Stars” reality T.V. freaks, we hear someone will also be leading Elliott Sharp out on the dance floor.
NewMusicBox provides a space for those engaged with new music to communicate their experiences and ideas in their own words. Articles and commentary posted here reflect the viewpoints of their individual authors; their appearance on NewMusicBox does not imply endorsement by New Music USA.