- Meanwhile, another Steve gets a much deserved gold star next to his name for this thing they’re calling a blog. (Not everyone is celebrating)
- Ironically, Reich’s birthday distracted us from the 6th Annual Carry a Tune Week. [via musical perceptions]
- Could the swing in Condi’s step trip her up at the polls? [via the well-tempered blog]
- Ross slams Foley while reporting useful music retail information, all in the headline. Guess that’s why they give him the big bylines.
- Meet “free-jazz-noise trio Death Sentence: Panda!” Yeah, kids, the “panda” warm and fuzzy tack-on really doesn’t soften the blow all that much.
- Mommy, where do flutes come from?
- Nothing good on the iPod? New companions for your commute await. Or, listen to your commute.
- Suicidal, gun-toting, sexed up drunks also really like a little classical music in the afternoon.
- See, Mr. Stearns. Not one mention of Eric’s stormy blue eyes or silky blonde locks in the entire paragraph.
- This week in orchestra news: applauding between movements. And still we wonder why the industry is having such trouble keeping up with the times.
- It’ll be a long weekend. Dig around here if you get bored. [via disquiet]