Home / Blogs
The Friday Informer: News of the Weird
- Look mom, new music on TV! CBS News covers composer/violinist Daniel Bernard Roumain, who breaks it down in front of grandparents so cool they already own 50 Cent CDs.
- Now this is a copyright guide I can wrap my brain around. Hopefully, an illustrated tax code is next.
- Ever consider a career swap after blowing an entire commission check just to get a haircut? This roller-skating, bird-punching (don’t look at me—I have no idea) thereminist picks up extra revenue giving haircuts to the daring. Small dogs also welcome.
- Worried about seeing a profit after your next concert? At least you didn’t have to put up a kidney as collateral.
- The latest entries in the Iron Chef of Music competition, which featured a sample of Benny Goodman playing Béla Bartók. The giggling soap opera star takes a taste and says, “Sounds like springtime in my ear.” [via disquiet].
- “Pay no attention to what the critics say; there has never been set up a statue in honor of a critic.”—Jean Sibelius. So much for that one. [via felsenmusick]