- As they sharpen their pencils and write those “best of the year” lists, New York City turns the tables and critiques the critics.
- If even after a decade of music school, your family still has no clear conception of exactly what it is that you do, say it with a homemade holiday gift.
- Before the millionth Muzaked performance of the Nutcracker Suite drives you to off the department store Santa, sample this arrangement for bicycle parts.
[via music for maniacs]
- Still, if traditional holiday tunes seem too old hat for your adventurous disposition, leave it to the new music crew to make even the old standards more obscure and intellectual.
- The Grinch may have stolen Christmas, but this Time Warner CEO stole an entire music catalog. (Okay, maybe all iPod owners are criminals after all.)
Have you heard?
- Wondering if you’re hardwired to hear the pretty colors yourself? There’s a test for that.
- Feel like you don’t get Xenakis? Perhaps there’s a deeper reason it all seems Greek to you.
[via soho the dog]
NewMusicBox provides a space for those engaged with new music to communicate their experiences and ideas in their own words. Articles and commentary posted here reflect the viewpoints of their individual authors; their appearance on NewMusicBox does not imply endorsement by New Music USA.