- Lucky for us, the volcano cannot apply for limited composer grants. Not sure about its Pulitzer contention, since recordings are available.
- Beware the perils of composer tourism.
- Also, keep an eye on the musically dangerous French.
- You can run. You can hide. But you’re not safe until you die.
- “I personally think that we need more songs about dirty old men and obliging young women…from our recital stages. All that Schumann/Schubert pining for the distant beloved who turns out to be dead or at any rate uncaring doesn’t really represent the age in which we live, now, does it?”
- “But nicely, there’s no way in hell that you can possibly pay attention to it for two sides of a record. So yes, it’s very serious music.” Stephin Merritt on taking serious music seriously. [via secretsociety]
- Prone to getting the irritating-yet-catchy tune stuck in your head? This track is the stuff of your nightmares.
- Stalled on that opera you promised yourself you’d finish this summer? Find inspiration here. [via Fredösphere]
- Music for One Apartment and Six Drummers. I bet this sort of thing happens in San Francisco all the time. [via felsenmusick]