|Photo of the Week:
Label yourself (and your Honda) in support of new music
Download and print your own bumper sticker supporting local commissioning. Or get one of these killer Innova tattoos if you’re feeling slightly more committed to the cause. (Yes, clearly the Friday Informer has been working out.)
- Republican lessons in sonic racism. Classy, guys, real classy.
- What if Porgy and Bess were Jewish? What if Anna Karenina hit the casting couch with Andrew Lloyd Webber? Oh, how the mind spins. [via soho the dog]
- Need a pep talk to get you composing today? Take a look in a mirror and listen to The Man.
- Ready to sell out? Scribble for those who already have everything.
- October was pretty much Steve Reich month. You might have heard. If you’re still not sated, you can now relive the glory.
- Warning: Theory joke ahead.
- Taking that whole “music is everything I am” conceit to the next level.
- A mix tape worthy of High Fidelity‘s Rob Gordon, but with more Schoenberg.
NewMusicBox provides a space for those engaged with new music to communicate their experiences and ideas in their own words. Articles and commentary posted here reflect the viewpoints of their individual authors; their appearance on NewMusicBox does not imply endorsement by New Music USA.