Home / Blogs
The Friday Informer: Did you know…
…that June is International Accordion Awareness Month?
|Photo of the Week: Listening to the voltage.
Music on several hundred long, thin wires.
From Analogos, a program of all analog, abstract synth music at the Diapason Gallery in NYC.
Photo by Tom Moody
- Of all the Ligeti tributes offered up online this week, this one seems to be the favorite, (enlightening translation of the French recommended). And this one has to be the strangest.
- About three-quarters of the way through this clip, the Lyrebird gets into some serious improv on chain saw. Totally worth it, I promise.
- The move by the House regarding net neutrality earlier this week is likely “the most important public policy you’ve probably never heard of.” Like most such things, however, it’s vitally important that you get up to speed. Take the high road or the low road to get there. We won’t look.
- There may indeed be 101 [strangely compelling] Stairways, but the Bush of Ghosts remixers are actually getting us somewhere. [via eyebeam reblog]
- You can link Bono and Beethoven and call it music intelligence. But around these parts, we’d probably look for such intelligence elsewhere.
- Love your iPod. Hate your iPod. Just understand that a young woman in Asia working 15-hour days and banking $50 a month is what makes all that emotional drama possible.
- But really, just get out of the way little white earbuds—the celestial jukebox housing the history of recorded music prepares to land. For those who still must have plastic, try and stump LaLa. An AA-style music addict support group cannot be far behind.