|Photo of the Week: iPod Turns 5
“Not to be a buzzkill, but maybe this is a good time to take a step back and realize that the Pod, while sleek and portable and so conveniently able to store all your Steve Reich, is just the latest in a long line of music-playing inventions.” [text and image via exhibitionist]
- Time to get your Halloween on! There’s Diamanda for the lucky kids in LA, and Patrick Grant for those too scared to leave the house.
- 11-fingered monsters! (Or, what happens to children who don’t practice their scales.)
- In remembrance of a man who terrified us through our ears.
- Dress up like the devil if you want, but don’t try this at home.
- The innovative / oxymoronic “rock opera” will save / destroy classical music.
- No Grammys or Pulitzers decorating your mantle yet? Awards are sooo 20th century.
- As are those walled-off classical rooms at the record store, and Anthony Tommasini takes a moment to get a little misty at seeing them close up shop.
- A disappearing act of another kind.
NewMusicBox provides a space for those engaged with new music to communicate their experiences and ideas in their own words. Articles and commentary posted here reflect the viewpoints of their individual authors; their appearance on NewMusicBox does not imply endorsement by New Music USA.