- Time to get your Halloween on! There’s Diamanda for the lucky kids in LA, and Patrick Grant for those too scared to leave the house.
- 11-fingered monsters! (Or, what happens to children who don’t practice their scales.)
- In remembrance of a man who terrified us through our ears.
- Dress up like the devil if you want, but don’t try this at home.
- The innovative / oxymoronic “rock opera” will save / destroy classical music.
- No Grammys or Pulitzers decorating your mantle yet? Awards are sooo 20th century.
- As are those walled-off classical rooms at the record store, and Anthony Tommasini takes a moment to get a little misty at seeing them close up shop.
- A disappearing act of another kind.