Home / Blogs
The Friday Informer: All that’s left now is for the sky to fall
- The Vienna Phil finally lets a girl get up on the podium and hold the big stick. Congrats to Simone Young. The Sydney-born conductor, currently music director of the Hamburg State Philharmonic, will conduct a program that includes Bernstein’s Overture to Candide and Copland’s Concerto for Clarinet and Orchestra. [Sydney Morning Herald via ArtsJournal]
- On a similar note, it’s not really Paul Horsley’s fault he must point out that Joan Tower “has shown audiences that a woman can write great music.” But still, it’s irritating.
- Mad as hell and don’t want to take it anymore? So are they. [via The Rest Is Noise]
- The intellectual property debate has me so, so, so, so, so dizzy.
- No drooling on the equipment, now (wouldn’t want to electrocute yourself), but Brian Eno is having an online garage sale of sorts.
- Of course, if you’ve got an extra $8K lying around, you might want to go straight here. If not, there’s still time to add it to your holiday wish list.